Thursday, September 1, 2011

Feeling impowered

So when this comp started I was really motivated and I lost a few pounds the first month. Then I lost 1 pound the second. By the third month I had lost my mojo and put back on the pounds I had lost the last two month. I had a doctor appointment where I was told that my cholesterol was too high and I needed to get it lower in the next six months our be put on meds. This scares the hell out of me. The number one leading killing in women my age is heart disease and with my numbers being as high as they are, I am no exception. So I found a new motivation. Lower my cholesterol. I had about 50 days until my 12 year Anniversary. Why not make a goal set for that date. Walking is one of the things he said I could do to help so the 100 miles goal was set in my mind. And guess what, I lost 3 pounds this month. And that was starting in the middle of the month. So I am going to continue on my journey and by the next weight in, I should almost be at my 100 mile goal and hopefully down twice as many pounds!

1 comment:

  1. Sweet! I think half the battle is setting a goal and working toward it. I've been FAR from motivated this go round... Thought I'd be all fired up in the beginning... i was wrong. LOL Oh well, it's a new month, a new day and a new goal. Great work on losing... now take this month girly!

    ReplyDelete